Give your servant, then, a wise heart for judging your people, able to see what is good and what evil; for who is able to be the judge of this great people?
1 Kings 3:9
1Ki 3:7 And now, O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in the place of David my father; and I am only a young boy, with no knowledge of how to go out or come in.
1Ki 3:9 Give your servant, then, a wise heart for judging your people, able to see what is good and what evil; for who is able to be the judge of this great people?
1Ki 3:28 And news of this decision which the king had made went through all Israel; and they had fear of the king, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to give decisions.
- The beginning of wisdom : Psa 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the best part of wisdom: all those who keep his laws are wise: his praise is eternal.
- The source of wisdom : Dan 2:20 And Daniel said in answer, May the name of God be praised for ever and ever: for wisdom and strength are his:
Dan 2:21 By him times and years are changed: by him kings are taken away and kings are lifted up: he gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to those whose minds are awake:
Dan 2:22 He is the unveiler of deep and secret things: he has knowledge of what is in the dark, and the light has its living-place with him.
- The quality of wisdom : Jas 3:17 But the wisdom which is from heaven is first holy, then gentle, readily giving way in argument, full of peace and mercy and good works, not doubting, not seeming other than it is.
- The way to wisdom : 1Co 3:18 Let no man have a false idea. If any man seems to himself to be wise among you, let him become foolish, so that he may be wise.
- The personification of wisdom : 1Co 1:30 But God has given you a place in Christ Jesus, through whom God has given us wisdom and righteousness and salvation, and made us holy
- How to get wisdom : Jas 1:5 But if any man among you is without wisdom, let him make his request to God, who gives freely to all without an unkind word, and it will be given to him.
- Who is wisdom for : Mat 7:24 Everyone, then, to whom my words come and who does them, will be like a wise man who made his house on a rock;
Mat 7:25 And the rain came down and there was a rush of waters and the winds were driving against that house, but it was not moved; because it was based on the rock.